The Science Policy Initiative at UVa is a student organization for graduate students who are interested in science policy careers, or just learning more about how to be involved in science policy!
Check out our upcoming events and meetings!
Join our mailing list here.
The Science Policy Initiative at UVa is established for the expressed purpose of:
- Enhancing awareness among graduate students in engineering and science disciplines about fellowship and career opportunities in science policy.
- Providing support and resources for graduate students pursuing opportunities in science policy.
- Conducting professional development events to prepare graduate students for careers in science policy.
- Advocating to the university administration for support of graduate students pursuing policy careers.
- Facilitating community outreach events to increase awareness and understanding of scientific research among the community.
Although this organization has members who are University of Virginia students and
may have University employees associated or engaged in its activities and affairs, the
organization is not a part of or an agency of the University. It is a separate and
independent organization, which is responsible for and manages its own activities and
affairs. The University does not direct, supervise or control the organization and is not
responsible for the organization’s contracts, acts or omissions.